Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Blog post#1

My name is Chrissie Todd. I am 36 years old. I am an Education major at the University of South Alabama. I have lived in Mobile most of my life. I was raised by my Mama in the house right next door to my Granny and Paw.They made me who I am today. I only hope I can do the same for my child. Family is very important to me. I have been married for 17 years. I have a wonderful and loving husband and beautiful daughter. My mother-in-law lives with us in our home. All three of them are either blind or legally blind. My family is my rock. They are the strongest three people I know.
As for my likes and dislikes, I love music. All kinds except maybe rap. I can play the flute, piano and a little clarinet. I love animals. I am a volunteer with Animal Rescue Foundation (ARF). I have three dogs one of which is as we in the rescue business call it a "foster failure". I enjoy working with special needs. This is why I've decided on elementary special education. I have a lot to give, teach and learn through this journey.

Classroom Management
In my classroom I want to teach child respect for me, their peers and most of all themselves. I am a firm believer in teaching and expecting respect. I will set rules and make sure the children know and understand them. I believe if a child know what is expected of him/her, he/she will most often do so. I hope to be able to incorporate lessons so that sometimes the will coincide ex. Art and History. I want to make kids want to know more.

Time Management/Organization
This is a skill that I have not yet mastered. I would try to allow an even amount of time for each subject.I would teach the kids to give each subject assigned at least a few minute each night. Also if there is a subject he struggles with look over that days lesson so as not to fall behind.

4 comments:

  1. I am not a fan of rap music either.

    I would avoid using so much text in italics.

    Well written. Welcome to EDM310!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is impressive how many musical instruments you play. That is one thing I have always wanted to learn. I would love to play the piano. We have an affinity for dogs too. There are four plus a foster that calls our house home.

    My family is also very important to me. Though I have enjoyed all of the places we have lived over the years I would have liked to live closer to my family.

    I agree that respect is an integral part of classroom management. Consistent expectations make for a great foundation for learning.

    I wish you a great semester!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for replying so thoughtfully. I have always loved music. Watch out for those foster failures. Are you a military family?

      Delete