Sunday, March 3, 2013

C4K February

#1
The student whose blog post I read had a post however, it seemed to be a book report of sorts. The directions were calling for the subject matter to be on WWI. I am sure this was also assigned work but I don't think it was the post I was intended to comment on. In saying that, I went ahead and commented on the report titled "Halfway there." It was as it stated a "halfway there" book report the student gave a synopsis of what had happened so far in the book he was reading. There was a lot information and at times he seemed to ramble. He did gave a good foundation with information on the main character, his likes and hobbies, about his family and what was going on in the world.
I like this idea of doing a book report in stages. This way the reader can refer back to each stage for the final product. This is also a way to make sure no one is failing to read the entire book and not just cliffnotes. It gives the student more opportunities to improve their writing skills as well, and putting it in a blog allows them to get feedback other than from the teacher.

#2
I visited Ms. Balestrin's (2nd grade) class blog. She has instructed her students to begin blogging, get familiar with all the settings,control panel and such. This will have been their very first blog. The student I was instructed to comment on had a very short blog titled My fervent things. This should have been "favorite" but I noticed her teacher did not correct this mistake so I did not either. I told the student that I liked some of the things she liked as well and hoped she would keep blogging so I could learn more about her.

#3
The students this post are 5 and 6 years old. I was given 2 students to comment on and the blogged separately. The assignment was to draw picture and tell a short story about it. William told a story about a cat that was too fat to fit in the door. I told him to keep practicing. Arthur was next. He told a story of fishing with his dad. I told him to keep up the good work.

#4
The student this post is in a 10th grade English class. The post was word of the day, use it in a sentence kind of thing. Even here I could tell this girl had spunk. so i went back a couple of posts. One of which she titles Ten lies they tell you at BSHS.It was just a list but a really bold one. She really spoke out about how she felt. This is what I comment to her about. I told to speak her mind. But be sure to use correct spelling, grammar and punctuation so people will take her seriously.

Summary
These are a just a few ways in which a blog can be used in the classroom and homework setting. I like the idea of submitting work this way it can be a useful tool for those student who have poor organization skills. No one can say they lost the work. I really like the idea of a class blog so parents can help and kids can keep tabs on what is due and when. no excuses for not knowing what to do. A link to contact the teacher with questions is a very good tool as well. I had to wait until Monday if had a question about an assignment. I think I am going to like this blog thing after all. It will be an excellent tool to help the kids exceed their potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment