Saturday, March 9, 2013

Post #8

This is How We Dream
I watched the presentation form Dr. Miller. This guy is really dull. However, the information he is presenting has the potential to be fascinating. It is exciting to think about the progression of things where writing is concerned. Being able to write an entire article or research paper without walking into a library. No research books, imagine that.
Every day I am impressed with all the information that is readily available to me with a thought or question and a click. So much has changed just in the last few years. It is exciting to see it in motion.
The ideas and thought of "the world" being tracked is a little creepy. Yet I would imagine this kind of data would be highly useful to advertising executives. It's too much like big brother to me. It's being watched without ones consent. But in fairness if you are putting it out on the internet anyone can see it they just have to know where to look.

Carly's Post
A lot of thought and work went into this post! This could actually be several assignments. I love the idea of a video list. All of these are great. I also like the thoughts she had about encouraging creativity and getting kids to rewrite the ending to their favorite books.
I like her thoughts on differences and disabilities. As the parent of a disables child, I can appreciate this. I am always telling my child she is not disables just differently-abled.
Carly is going to be an excellent teacher because she has fire and passion about it.

Chipper Series
These video snippets were a great example of what not to do. I am a procrastinator myself. In the words of famous comedian Ellen DeGeneres "Procrastinate Now Don't Wait." My video however would probably be on organization and the importance of it. Without organization nothing gets accomplished. I would start with little things like a notebook and bookbag and move to bigger things like projects and research paper. Organization is essentially to the success of any endeavor.

Learn to Change. Change to Learn.
I absolutely agree that school should be moving away from vending machine thinkers. Our school must move into the realm of teaching children how to find information. Then, once they have found this info,what can you do with it. Can you validate it? Can you integrate it? We have to teach our children to be able to think for themselves and have an opinion of their own even if it isn't ours. They must be able to think for themselves. If they can't think they can't create. Creativity and free thinking is key!!! Nothing gets created by memorization.
Br/>Scavenger Hunt
The social platform tool I found is called Ecto. It allows you to create a profile of yourself. It has a place called upcoming events. This could be used for assignments due or upcoming tests. There is a place to message you openly or send a private message. There is also a place to add a link to a blog.

Comic


Poll
pollshack

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I especially liked the "...vending machine thinkers..." reference.

    Thoughtful. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete