Thursday, April 4, 2013

C4T #1 #2

Today I read a couple of Mrs. Ripp's posts. The one that caught my eye the most and the one I will comment on is "Let's Celebrate Those Kids." She talks about being in a rut. And since lately I have been feeling the same. Routine , routine, more of the same. Where is this going? Where am I going and when will I get there? She is encouraging us to look at the small things. What about the kid who complained about hating to write a few weeks ago but now wants help to make his story great with more details? Let's celebrate the child that remembered the formula for a triangle and then was able to teach the rest of the class. Let's celebrate the kids who try, try, try and then tell others about how they are trying.The kids who aren't afraid to put their faith in me every day hoping that the adventure we are about to go on is something worth there time.Let's celebrate the kids who try, try, try and then tell others about how they are trying.The kids who aren't afraid to put their faith in me every day hoping that the adventure we are about to go on is something worth there time. I think this will and can be an important lesson not just with our classrooms but in life as well. Remember the little thing that encourage us and make us smile.

Today Mrs.Ripp's post was about assumptions. She says we should never just assume a child was raised the way we were. We shouldn't assume someone is from where we are from. My Grandaddy always said "you know what happens when we assume." Then he would say "you make an ass out of u and me." This is so true we should never assume that a child knows what we mean or that he or she can relate to us. They may not have been taught the same rules and moral we were taught. Take time to really know your students, where they are from, what they like, what rules at home are like. This may make understanding for you and your students grow.
Mrs. Ripp seems really neat. I like her. She says what she feels even if it doesn't quite make sense to her. She puts it all out there then asks for feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment