Thursday, April 18, 2013

Post 13

I really enjoy watching folks like Mr. Crosby. He is so fired up about his kids and how they are learning and what they are learning and expressing it. Orally, writing blogs, and commenting on other peoples blogs too. The high hopes project was awesome and the fact that the kids got so many others to participate was great. I like the idea of the kids being able toSkype in with other classrooms around the world to "teach" other kids how to do the can crush experiment. If you can tell/teach someone else what you have learned with clarity then you've got it. You know it. So much went into 17:43 of video I am interested to see more from Mr. Crosby.

Mr.Bozeman really drove home the point if you can explain it you have learned it. I like his strategy. Start with questions, expand on your learning with specific readings, watching videos, reviews and if the students don't get it more reviews. Then and only then do they move on to a quiz. All along they are self evaluating and meeting benchmarks set out for them. I think this is a good way for students to learn. They can keep up and are accountable to themselves as well as the teacher. I think this can be important because it lets students know where they stand at any given time.

2 comments:

  1. "Mr.Bozeman..." Mr. Anderson from Bozeman, Montana?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chris!! Daphney Here...I was reading your blog post and it seems that we had the same reaction. Teachers like Mr. Crosby and Mr. Anderson really get me fired up to become a teacher. On one of my prior C4Ts, the teacher actually found me and commented on my blog!! It blew my mind. I am with you on the kids skyping other kids. I think that it expands their horizon and shows them that they aren't the only ones in the world eager to network and meet new people. I said that I would love to use Mr. Anderson's method of "Quiver" along with "Flipping" my classroom. I think my kids would get more out of what I am teaching, you know?

    I really can't tell you how many other classmates that I have told this to before, but EDM310 is about being creative with guidelines. You are missing hyperlinks and pictures. I'm not trying to say you aren't doing a good job, but I'm just saying that I don't want you to make the same mistakes I did by not taking Dr. Strange seriously when he tells you to put something in your blog posts, projects and activities. Well, I hope you take my suggestions in good faith and I hope to see you around.

    ReplyDelete